Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks
English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Powered By google

Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Hotlapper of The Week - Christine (christinedutch)

Another one of the Hotlaps crew has agreed to do an interview for our Hotlapper of The Week. This time got hold of Christine. :)

We love that you are hotlapping with us!

Ginger Henderson: Your interest with sailing in Second Life, how did it begin?
Christine (christinedutch): It started as a reason to escape from prison. One Trustee told me he loved to sail in SL. I seduced him to to take me out of prison to go sail. Since than I am hooked. It was a victorious escape for a few hours. (We escaped many times after that just to go for a spin)

Ginger: We  have seen you sail in numerous Hotlaps. What do you enjoy about them?
Christine: I love to sail competitive when I have time. I love to go sail in my RL morning after morning rush hour. Just me, a hot coffee and a few rounds of sailing. The races are mostly late in my evening, not always fitting in my schedule.

Ginger: Any changes you would like to see with Hotlaps?
Christine: Grins, good question. Since I am involved in the design of courses lately, please give us feedback. It's hard sometimes to make a course to everyone's desire. And I have a tendency to make it difficult since, well, I hate to sail straight courses. (professional dislike its boring)

Ginger: What time-zone in Real Life are you from?
Christine: Dutchie GMT +2 in summer

Ginger: Do you sail in Real Life as well? (But we understand if you say 'none of your business' ;))
Christine: Professional Sailor, i work maritime industry now for 20 years.With sailboats I do that only for fun, I help a friend sometimes on his passenger sailboat. Sailed a lot at school, and I have a friend with whom I sail summer evenings. Only with a fair breeze and mild weather haha, My glass has to stay upright. Banged around in bad weather enough in my life.

Ginger: What are your top 3 favorite sailboats in Second Life?
Christine: 1 Shields, that boat was good to me on the 1st moment I sailed it.Other than the shields actually not, I just take a boat depending on what I do. I always cruise in Trudeau because I love them, but for some reason I am terrible in racing them.
Sailed the Q24 for months when I just started to sail, because she's fast and easy to handle. In my mind a perfect start boat. Somehow I always come back to small boats, they just suit me better

Ginger: We seen you sailing many times with the Shields.  Have you been sailing this boat for long?
Christine: 5 months now, 1st time was a race at TRYC. Before that I didn't even know the Shields

Ginger: Besides sailing in Hotlaps, do you practice with sailing a lot?
Christine: Not really, I sail a lot but not as a practice. I just love to sail around. I always try to sail the rainbow cruises, because they are nice. However never at there time, since that doesn't go with my home life

Ginger: When sailing, do you use any tools or settings to help you you may want to share with others? Things such as your preferred AWA on different headings and tactical choices on this weeks course like where to start from, where to tack?
Christine: Other than my USB, minimap and the windrose of Burt I don't use anything in the shields. In this week course I didn't really race the shields, but my general rule is don't let her drop below 36 AWA or you loose speed. down wind stay between 130 to 140 degrees, 140 is ok above means loosing speed. Try not to loose speed by touching the rudder. I try to make my course changes in one time. Since the shields turns slow I plan ahead. Maintaining momentum with the boat is very important

Ginger: What question would you like to ask other sailors out there?
Christine: if you have any idea, location or a course you would like just tell us. If you would help us with either of those that would be great.

Ginger: Any other things you would like to share with others?
Christine: Have fun, I have boats like the Trudeau's I cant really compete with, but its fun to take them out and see if I can improve myself. Its not how high you are on the list, but how much fun you had trying.

Ginger: Thank you very much for your time for this interview and looking forward to seeing you on the Second Life waters soon.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Haha you are famous now Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see I'm not the only one "snaking" off to sail the Rainbow cruises ::) .. Maybe we should go together sometime Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should have been "Sneaking" and not "Snaking"

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your AWA tips, Christine. I've always pointed her higher to minimize distance sailed, so I will try your method. I'm only just learning to sail by minimap, so this will be a new challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete