Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks
English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Powered By google

Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Hotlapper of The Week - Lucy (LucyInTheSky Afarensis)

I have known Lucy since I started sailing and always wanted to know more about her. She is also one of our Hotlaps crew :)

We love you are hotlapping with us!


Ginger Henderson: How did your interest with sailing in Second Life begin?
LucyInTheSky Afarensis: I was randomly searching in marketplace and found the Elyd 50. Take a copy found a place were I could test it, and loved the feeling.
Then started to search for nautical related places inworld, found Tradewinds Yacht Club were I could take copies of other boats like BBK BWind and Flying Fizz, tested all them, read all documents in TYC's website, followed the Shelly Fizz races by Liv, who gave me many lessons too. Became more and more involved and now I am rarely involved in any other thing besides sailing.

Ginger: We seen you sail in many Hotlaps. What do you enjoy about them?
Lucy: LOL. In the line at side of the docks in TYC there are some hotlaps too. I started to run them and compare my times with others with same boat - https://sites.google.com/site/tradewindsyc/fun-laps (Today the spreadsheet is empty but used to have all times there at the time). I ever like to compete with myself, trying to improve my times.

Ginger: Do you have any changes you would like to see with Hotlaps?
Lucy: Nothing that I can think now, they are near perfect as are now :-)

Ginger: What time-zone in Real Life are you from?
Lucy: GMT-3 (Brazil), GMT-2 during south hemisfere summer

Ginger: Do you sail in Real Life as well? (But we understand if you say 'none of your business' ;))
Lucy: Used to, sailing a snipe in a water reservoir near home or with friends in Santos visiting nearby islands in Ocean.

Ginger: What are your top 3 favorite sailboats in Second Life?
Lucy: Realy hard to say. Love my M-24, Rene Marine boats, Trudeaus

Ginger: We seen you sailing mostly the Quest M-24.  Been sailing this boat for long?
Lucy: In fact I was late for this boat. I bought it to join Orca's World Tour near the end of the program, than joined the Topless Tuesdays in TrYC (M-24 and Patch). She is a fast and easy boat to sail and smooth in region crossings, I do miss races with this boat.

Ginger: Besides Hotlaps, do you practice with sailing a lot?
Lucy: Because RL has being bad with me I havent much but yes, I used to practice much in Gulf of Moles and in other YCs lines.

Ginger: When sailing, do you use any tools or settings to help you that you may want to share with others? Things such as your preferred AWA on different headings and tactical choices on this weeks course like where to start from, where to tack?
Lucy: I think just the normal things as anyone, use to test my preferred boats to find the best angle when up or downwind, but nothing really serious.

Ginger: What question would you like to ask other sailors out there?
Lucy: What do you think is the best aspect of hotlaps? (my answer, the opportunity to practice at the same time I can compare my times with others and my own previous laps, and doing this with new courses each week without repeating the same courses over and over as was in TYC's Fun Laps or in Jane's Hotlaps 2013)

Ginger: Any other things you would like to share with others?
Lucy: Many thanks to Burt and Hotlaps staf for your great work. Burt shared with me what he was thinking much before hotlaps were first launched, many ideas and changes during the development, when other take the duty to keep it alive.
Yep, thank you all that keep the great event for us.

Ginger: Thank you very much for your time for this interview and looking forward to seeing you on the Second Life waters soon.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Another great Post Ginger and Lucy, always looking forward to reading them :) - Nala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed always a pleasure to read them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LUUUCYYYYY!!! you got some splaining to do!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZebLip7rwcs

    ReplyDelete