Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks
English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Powered By google

Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Hotlapper of The Week - Lolla Hynes

Lolla has sailed over 250 Hotlaps. Well done. Also her and Olivia hosted them very recently. Had the chance to interview her and here is how it went. :)

We love you are hotlapping with us!


Ginger Henderson: How did your interest with sailing in Second Life begin?
Lolla Hynes :I have always been amazed by the wonderful sailboats resting in the ports from Holland to the south of Spain, either Atlantic side or Mediterranean. I love to stay quiet, looking at them in the silence, just listening their tiny song of halyards and click of sails in the wind.

Ginger: We seen you sail in some Hotlaps. What do you enjoy about them?
Lolla: I feel so free when I am racing alone in a hotlap. I am far from all the real ! I could forget anything for a short but so refreshing moment. I also struggle against myself, wanting to improve any time. It is so nice to have the permission to race 24/24h and 7/7d !

Ginger: Any changes you would like to see with Hotlaps?
Lolla: I am quite happy with the system as it is . I just would be satisfied if the result of a hotlap was only marked on the sheet after approval of the sailor, because some practices or tests on the turn don’t give any significant result to be inscribed. The best would be a hud counter giving the chrono time at any moment of the race (what do you think Burt, “winks”)

Ginger: What part of the Real Life world are you from?
Lolla: I am Belgian, French speaking, SLT+9

Ginger: Do you sail also in your Real Life as well?
Lolla: I had the chance to cruise on an old seaboat which ran the America Cup and won a Fastnet with my parent’s friend who is a indeed a very good sailor. It was a great experience

Ginger: What are your top 3 favourite sailboats in Second Life?
Lolla: The Nacra is my favorite for its athletic side, funny and easy driving. I like to cruise with Olivia in her new Bandit IF. My looneta is still nice to sail but a bit slow and heavy. I don’t really like too big boats.

Ginger: We've seen you sailing mostly the Nacra 17, have you been sailing this boat for long?
Lolla: My “Blue Sea Rooster” is a gift from Olivia and I love it. She wanted me to find a real pleasure with the Nacra and she succeeded pretty well . Now both of us are trying to be better than the other, and each week finds a challenge between us with a real suspense lasting all week until the Saturday . Blue Sea Rooster VS Black Sea Rooster.
She says I am the best but in reality she is the best .

Ginger: Besides Hotlaps, do you practice with sailing often?
Lolla: I tried to sail in some clubs but unfortunately the cruises or races are often at bad moments for me.

Ginger: When sailing, do you use any tools or settings to help you you may want to share with others?
Lolla: 2 tools absolutely essential :
- USB hud light 1.3
- Compass V 3.0 made by Burt
I always have next to me the printed map of the hotlap of the week with my own way drawned on it

Ginger: What question would you like to ask other sailors out there?
Lolla: OMG !!! How can the champions here be sooooooo fast !!! Are their computers or connections so good or am I still so bad !

Ginger: Is there anything else you would like to share with others?
Lolla: It would be great to find a moment (or two) in the week (or the month) to meet the other hotlappers, for a chatting moment, sharing experiences, speaking of the last hotlap and why not earing music and dancing.
By the way , Olivia and I have a nice place which could be a fine meeting place …

Ginger: Thank you very much for your time for this interview and looking forward to seeing you on the Second Life waters soon.  :)


3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a Hotlapper Party .. I'm in :) .. Thank you for another great post Ginger and Lolla- Nala

    ReplyDelete
  2. "just listening their tiny song of halyards"
    We have a poet here! lovey linterview ty both.

    You are not the first to ast for a training timer and originally i was not pro couse after a brief test, it seemed less people would log their times to the system.
    More loggings would make hotlaps seem like a more succesfull event and my ego got a little greedy.
    Later i remembered it was about you the sailors and the fun we have that we are doing this this.

    Sooo i dusted off the personal timer project, it does not do 10th of seconds but it should be close enough for your personal timer needs.
    We will send it trough the messenger system after some brief testing. ( if you want one sign up at one of our lines and get it from the messenger history )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when you "dust things off" Burt, nothing but good things comes from that :) ..

      Delete