Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks
English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Powered By google

Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Hotlapper of The Week - Wipster Baxter

Wipster was a regular at my Shields races last year.  She also a regular participant in Hotlaps so had to get her to do an interview for us :)

We love you are hotlapping with us!


Ginger Henderson: Your interest with sailing in Second Life, how did it begin?
Wipster Baxter: I think I came by a race one night, it made me curious and I was greeted very warmly by the community. I was sitting on a spot next to someone named Burt (heehee) and we have been friends ever since. He obviously also taught me to sail in SL :-)

Ginger: We seen you sail in some Hotlaps. What do you enjoy about them?
Wipster: Hotlaps help me keep up my sailing skills. Unfortunately real life needs my attention way too much sometimes, and I don't sail for weeks. I then can do some laps to keep me up to it, and I enjoy competing against myself, trying to improve all the time.

Ginger: Any changes you would like to see with Hotlaps?
Wipster: Not really, I think they're good as is. Perhaps if Burt could create some lag free sims, please? LOL

Ginger: What part of the Real Life world are you from?
I am from Denmark, not many of us in SL :-)

Ginger: Do you sail also in your Real Life as well?
Wipster: Yes, I do sail in real life too, that is where my interest for sailing comes from. I do not own a boat by I sail with my family in the weekends during all summer. I even learnt something in SL that I could use in RL sailing, I was soooo exited!

Ginger: What are your top 3 favourite sailboats in Second Life?
Wipster: I don't own a lot of boats, but my first boat was the Loonetta which is by far the best made boat I've seen in SL. Only later I found out that it was a fellow Dane who created it, which is a nice co-incidence. Obviously the Shields is another favourite, I think Burt did a great job. But then again, he had great testers :P I recently bought the Nacra 17, which is also very nicely made but I haven't had enough time to sail it yet. I like it for races, it's a fast little lady.

Ginger: We've seen you sailing mostly the Shields, have you been sailing this boat for long?
Wipster: I do sail the Shields a lot and have been since way before it was released.

Ginger: Besides Hotlaps, do you practice with sailing often?
Wipster: Not enough, unfortunately.

Ginger: When sailing, do you use any tools or settings to help you that you may want to share with others?
Wipster: If I am sailing the Shields, I always use the USB HUD Pro, a camera HUD, and a compass I made. If anyone wants a copy of my camera HUD and the compass HUD, feel free to contact me.
If I am sailing anything other than the Shields, I also use Burts' Compass with wind indication, a very helpful tool.

Ginger: What question would you like to ask other sailors out there?
Wipster: How come you are always faster than me? :P

Ginger: Is there anything else you would like to share with others?
Wipster: It IS possible to sail in stilettos ! (Burt always mocks me cause I sail in heels and dresses with full make up and perfect hair LOL)

Ginger: Thank you very much for your time for this interview and looking forward to seeing you on the Second Life waters soon.  :)

3 comments:

  1. YES! Sailing in heels is an accident waiting to happen! Not to mention the scratches on my deck :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can agreed with scratches on the Burt deck (I have some in my Pacha), but is great to see Wippy in motion. A great sailor who made all so good (then we talk about that huds for Shields hu?, shhh). A so nice interview and with Wippy have to be there the funny part where you laugh a lot. Thank you Wippy and thanks to Ginger ☺

    ReplyDelete