Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks
English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Powered By google

Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Hotlapper of The Week - Adele Hegel

We have seen Adele more and more in Hotlaps so why not find out a bit on what makes her enjoy to sail. :)

We love that you are hotlapping with us!


Ginger Henderson: Your interest with sailing in Second Life, how did it begin?
Adele Hegel: A few years ago I had the chance to do a cruise on someone’s boat, it was fun to sail among the other boats, listening to music, sailing around islands. Later on, my friend Anna who owns a Patchogue took me many times with her to wander in the Blake Sea and surrounding waters. I got hooked to that leisurely way to explore SL but my friend was not much online and I missed those relaxing moments. So I started to hang out in harbours, watching boats, and a few weeks later I had bought my own Patchogue. In the beginning I was struggling with sails and winds, trying to sail cruises, but with time, I eventually improved a bit and could catch up with others and the fun increased rapidly.

Ginger: We seen you sail in some Hotlaps. What do you enjoy about them?
Adele: Hotlaps are great for many reasons, first they are fun and it feels very enjoyable when I could improve my own time or sometime challenge other sailors. They allow me to improve my skills, on a course I could try many tactic options, sailing the lap again and learning my different boats. Each week the new route brings to me different challenges and a good reason to start over (re-) discovering new places at the same time. I can sail when I feel the mood or when I have a bit of time. Also Hotlaps provide the opportunity to meet great and friendly sailors (dare I say some legendary ones hihi) and share with them. In short I would say that Hotlaps taste like regatta without all the constraints of a regatta.

Ginger: Are there any changes you would like to see with Hotlaps?
Adele: At this time I really don’t see what could be improved much, but who knows what new idea Burt will bring in next week…

Ginger: What part of the Real Life world are you from?
Adele: I live in Europa, CET (or SLT+9)

Ginger: Do you sail also in your Real Life as well?
Adele: When I was a teen, I used to go to my uncle’s place for holidays, he was living by a lake and he had a small sloop. We used to cruise regularly and I enjoyed a lot helping to crew and sometimes even handling the tiller. Later I no more had such opportunities as my uncle eventually passed out but I keep great memories of that time. Since then I had the rare occasions to sail a few cruises.

Ginger: What are your top 3 favourite sailboats in Second Life?
Adele: I own many and it is hard to choose only three, though the ones that I sailed the most and that I still enjoy a lot to sail are certainly the Patchogue, the Fran├žois Jacques and the Bandit IF.

Ginger: We've seen you sailing the Trudeau Patchogue sometime , have you been sailing this boat for a long time?
Adele: The Patchogue was my first boat and I sailed her around all the SL seas, she is easy to sail for learning and for relax cruising but could be a challenge to sail fast, especially in adverse wind conditions.

Ginger: Besides Hotlaps, do you practice with sailing often?
Adele: I like to sail cruises too, especially the LCC and topless sailors, which are well organised, offer a good diversity of routes, and are supported by a great community of sailors. Did I mention they organise parties at the finish place? I also tried to race a few regattas, mainly on the Trudeau One or on the Fran├žois Jacques.

Ginger: When sailing, do you use any tools or settings to help you that you may want to share with others?
Adele: I did try a few tools but lately I mostly only use the USB HUD and the minimap. To handle my sailing boats I sometimes use the provided HUD though I prefer to use gestures, at least for the most important functions, I am not a big fan of numbers and I often cruise just by watching sails and listening to boat noises, taking time to look at the surroundings rather than keeping my eyes screwed on the boat monitor panels.

Ginger: What question would you like to ask other sailors out there?
Adele: How did you beat that time I just set earlier, thinking for sure that it was my best lap ever? hihi

Ginger: Is there anything else you would like to share with others?
Adele: Do keep sailing your boat in Hotlaps, in cruises, or just to wander around, you’ll learn to know her better and it will help a bit when you need to shave those two seconds to take the lead.
I would also like to thank all the Hotlaps Team, who make this possible each week and Burt which made the idea come true in the beginning.

Ginger: Thank you very much for your time for this interview and looking forward to seeing you on the Second Life waters soon.  :)


1 comment: