Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks
English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Powered By google

Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Hotlapper of The Week - Phil fr (PhilOona)

Phil is new to sailing and Hotlaps so interviewed him to find out what he think sailing in Second Life :)

We love that you are hotlapping with us!


Ginger Henderson: Your interest with sailing in Second Life, how did it begin?
PhilOona: I discovered Second Life since only three months ago. By exploring the SIMs I saw sailboats and I immediately wanted to sail with them. I took a free boat the Shields Thanks Burt. My beginnings were very hard, really low between my internet connection, my inexperience of SL and my poor English. Without kindness, patience and dedication of many sailors, I would have given up. But thanks to you all I'm still here.

Ginger: We seen you sail in some Hotlaps. What do you enjoy about them?
Phil: In my early days I met Kayo took me as crew to show me the interest and pleasure of sailing. I followed her advice to lead me on Hotlaps to improve. What a joy to finish my first lap without crash! After I tried to improve my performance. This really is the best school.

Ginger: Any changes you would like to see with Hotlaps?
Phil: The formula is perfect, difficult to improve.

Ginger: What part of the Real Life world are you from?
Phil: I live in France.

Ginger: Do you sail also in your Real Life as well?
Phil: Sailing is the passion of my life. I discovered at the age of 12, I started the races of 420 and then 32 feet to the Olympic triangles during the winter. My first Atlantic crossing took place in race on a 40 feet. Since I bought a mono-hull 36 feet with which I traveled with my wife and my first child 2 years old. Then passionate about multi-hulls, I acquired a 40 feet catamaran with which I redid a trip a year with my three children. Now I haven’t boats and sailing on a friend's boat. I plan to buy me a catamaran and again a great ride when my children are independent.

Ginger: What are your top 3 favourite sailboats in Second Life?
Phil: I have not much experience, I love both boats: The Shields for Hotlaps and RM30, that introduced me to Lucy after having taken on board after my third crash of the cruise.
Whether to designate a third boat, I would say the Lionfish for cruise for two.

Ginger: Any particular boat helps you to learn sailing?
Phil: For Hotlaps, I mainly use Shields to improve.

Ginger: Besides Hotlaps, do you practice with sailing often?
Phil: Yes, every day, If there is a race I can do or a cruise. But usually I do not finish and crash before the end.

Ginger: When sailing, do you use any tools or settings to help you that you may want to share with others?
Phil: I use the USB HUB Pro, the boat Hud and compass by Burt. I dream of having everything in one device.

Ginger: What question would you like to ask other sailors out there?
Phil: It's been two months that I ask questions to anyone and everyone helps me :)

Ginger: Is there anything else you would like to share with others?
Phil: I have two dreams: to have a good Internet connection to enjoy sail SL and build the boat of my dreams ...
A big thank you to everyone for your assistance, for your kindness, your devotion without which, nothing of this world would exist.

Ginger: Thank you very much for your time for this interview and looking forward to seeing you on the Second Life waters soon.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Nice interview and i do hope Phil can sort his internet issues asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Phil!!. I think Phil have a nice sailing in SL and he is so new here!!. Congratz for that!. About your internet connection , my wishes for you of you can solve it so soon. I know the SL sailing comunity have a great racer and sailor in you!. Go ahead!!!.

    ReplyDelete