Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks
English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Powered By google

Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Hotlapper of The Week - Wow (wowsonice)

Wow has hosted some Hotlaps, Spicylaps and a participant in both as well. Got a chance to interview her :)

We love that you are hotlapping with us!


Ginger Henderson: Your interest with sailing in Second Life, how did it begin?
Wowsonice: I always enjoyed water and boats, so soon after joining second life in July 2012, I did display, decorate and furnish stationary residential yachts.
Obviously drivable/sailable boats would follow soon. My first sail yacht was OCEANIC by Motor Loon. Sailing was not much fun due to poor internet connection and luck of feeling of wind and smell of sea.
Forward and we moved to RL big city, much better internet and I started exploring SL by cruising. Forward till January 2016, I did not find Hotlaps, Hotlaps found me when Christine asked me to host Hotlaps out of BAY OF WOW - mainstation Satori.

Ginger: We seen you sail in some Hotlaps. What do you enjoy about them?
Wow: I enjoy meeting new people and the friendship among sailors here. It is easy to meet and talk since Hotlaps are available at all times, unlike other races or cruises.
Hotlaps allows to discover places I would never visit without invitation, especially north Corsica, or outside Satori - Nautilus - Corsica continents or even places such as fruit islands not linked to any continent.

Ginger: Any changes you would like to see with Hotlaps?
Wow: So happy about Hotlaps, thank you to the team, so only a suggestion:
I do not hear much about Hotlaps in other sailing groups, I am sure more sailors would be interested if they would be informed in different groups. Also I do love longer Spicylaps.

Ginger: What part of the Real Life world are you from?
Wow: is complicated :-)
Mactan, Cebu, Philippines, ... Belgium, ... (short stints to other European countries), ... Mactan, Cebu, Philippines ... now metro Manila, Philippines (SLT +15 summer, SLT +16 winter)

Ginger: Do you sail also in your Real Life as well?
Wow: Yes, I started at young age in Mactan. We did not have a boat in Europe, we had friends with a boat :-). we did some nice cruises along the English Channel going to Normandie or Kent or Zeeland.
Not sailing here in Manila but always happy to be on water when back in Mactan.

Ginger: What are your top 3 favourite sailboats in Second Life?
Wow: for sailing:
1. LIONFISH by Saphyre Cyberstar
2. good old LOONETTA by Motor Loon
3. CLEVER by Rene Underby

for beauty of design and display:
1. KTABA J-CLASS MAYA by Craig Ktaba
2. ED ENDEAVOUR by Clay Ellison
3. SCHOONER METEOR by Rene Underby

may i mention a motorboat as well:
I really enjoy exploring unknown narrow waters in little tug OPDUWERTJE by Burt Artis.

Ginger: We've seen you sailing mostly the CS Estoril, have you been sailing this boat for long?
Wow: ESTORIL by Saphire Cyberstar arrived at BAY OF WOW some time end of April.
My not exactly perfect internet connection does not allow for high speed sim crossing. I would crash more often than not. So I use the ESTORIL because she is not too fast even with strong winds prevailing at hotlaps. ESTORIL for some reason almost never crashes or gets out of control. Also it is fun to sail a boat not often raced by others.

Ginger: Besides Hotlaps, do you practice with sailing often?
Wow: I only race Hotlaps. Otherwise I enjoy long distance cruising at not so high speeds, such as Satori to Corsica. I collect Hotlap courses, also
topless sailors cruises and other cruises to re-enact them when I have time.

Ginger: When sailing, do you use any tools or settings to help you that you may want to share with others?
Wow: Well, I guess you know those already:
1. (DS) CRUISER HUD by Diamond Synthesis is a useful freebie to assist plotting courses, such as finding narrow channel entrances, lonely waypoints in middle of nowhere etc.
You can find it http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Poob/61/77/44
2.BAN LINE HUD by triple labs shows banlines within in the sim and in bordering sims, it also shows rezz zones. It logs distances which can be fun at times.

Ginger: What question would you like to ask other sailors out there?
Wow: Why are most of us and me addicted to real life? How can we spent more quality time in SL?

Ginger: Is there anything else you would like to share with others?
Wow: I want to express my appreciation for all the work the Hotlap team is doing every week to give us a good time here in SL. thank you very much.
Sailor friends, please note that my places BAY OF WOW at sims Boisesono and Pompelmoo are open to the public. everybody can rezz everywhere for 15 or 30 minutes, so feel free to sail in, fly in or rezz. Nothing for sale, nothing for rent. Just fun to display boat and ships. Please visit once in a while. I have more boats than prims so boats come and go every few weeks.

Ginger: Thank you very much for your time for this interview and looking forward to seeing you on the Second Life waters soon.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice interview wow :)
    You can find all the old course maps ( and times ) here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1o3WdYzw0yJY0xrY0l5R2tvbms

    ReplyDelete